To get through those busy weeks, try this easy and healthy breakfast that you can make the night before. Oats boost serotonin levels in the brain creating a calming effect on the whole body. The addition of chia for fiber and omega 3 fatty acids increase brain function and improves mood. What more could you want out of your breakfast?
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup milk – cows, rice, oat or almond
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh Fruit to top – banana, berries, kiwifruit, mango
1) Place oats, liquid, chia seeds, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla into a container of choice. Mix well. Seal shut and place jar in refrigerator overnight.
2) In the morning, mix again and top with fresh fruit
Make 3-4 at a time and keep in the fridge for a quick and nutritious breakfast on the go.