How many times have you said the words ” I’ll start my diet again on Monday?” With 52 Mondays a year there are too many opportunities to fall off the dieting wagon, feel shitty about failing again and vow to start all over on Monday. To stop this soul destroying cycle I have put together my 5 top tips to getting of the dieting roller coaster.
- Stop using the word DIET in your vocab! Diets always fail so don’t set yourself up for failure. The aim is to create a range of healthier habits that you can sustain for life.
- Pick one healthy habit that you would like to adopt and set about incorporating it into your lifestyle. for example: ” I want to start exercising” make a plan to get up 20 min earlier in the morning 3 days per week and do something that you like to do with a friend or with your favourite music or podcast. Chose a healthy habit thats not too difficult to implement so that you can achieve your goal and feel great about it.
- If your healthy habit doesn’t go to plan one day then sit down and work out why and what you need to do to change. learn from your mistakes.
- Spend a good 4-6 weeks integrating this new habit into your lifestyle then pick another to work on. For example: “I’m going to stop eating as much junk food in the afternoon when I’m tired” Make sure that you have alternative healthy snacks in your bag, car, home or office.
- Finally, Life is a roller coaster and you are not going to get it right every day. Thats ok, just try again tomorrow and don’t beat yourself up about it.