These crunchy parcels of goodness are a hit for both lunch or dinner. You can swap out the rice noodles for spiralized carrot which we do at our bodyretreats camps to keep the carbs down.
Gluten free, Dairy free, Low carb
- 1T sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm ginger, grated
- 500g lean pork or chicken mince
- 1 T soy sauce
- 2 T oyster sauce
- 3 shallots, thinly chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 12 large lettuce leaves
- 1 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander, chopped
- carrots, spiralized or rice noodles cooked as per directions
- Heat wok, add oil garlic, ginger and pork. Stirfry til meat changes colour.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, onion, lime juice and water chestnuts.
- Place carrot or rice noodles in base of lettuce cups and spoon over pork mixture
- Top with bean sprouts and coriander
Note: you can use store bought pre minced garlic and ginger to save time